Pennsylvania American Water - Here We Go Again!






I went out to get the mail this past weekend and noticed a letter from The Pennsylvania American Water (PAW). I opened the letter and began to read, "On April 29,2011, Pennsylvania American Water filed a request with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) to increase your water rates as of June 28, 2011. I immediately dropped the letter and proceeded to go "APE". At the top of my lungs I spewed a tirade laced with profanity like none ever uttered by a human being. ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME? Another increase in water rates?

The PAW is requesting an overall increase of $71,000,000 per year. They claim that since the last rate increase which I believe was last year, they will have invested $533,000,000 to improve water quality, service and reliability. WHAT! WHAT! You can't even drink the damn water. It tastes like crap and smells like bleach! What on earth did they spend that much money on? Certainly not the actual water! When you are done taking a shower, your skin drys out and flakes off because of all the chemicals they put into the water. I feel like a FREAKIN' alligator when I get out of the shower. I have the urge to grab onto a gazelle and go into a death roll. I can't believe these greedy clowns want to milk us for more money. Of course, the PUC will rubber stamp this increase like they always do. As far as I am concerned, the PUC is a useless organization like the United Nations. They are spineless lizards who are afraid to send these utilities packing.




So, what does this increase mean to you and me. It means an average increase from $48.45 to $54.87 per month. That's $6.42 more a month out of our pockets. By the way, that's $77.04 a year or 2 to 3 cases of beer. Beer will be needed to kill the pain of all of these increases. I know, I am sick and tired of footing the bill for this stuff. If the PAW is spending all of this money, why can't we drink the water? I'll tell you why, it's because the fat cats are filling their pockets with our money. I say we all need to contact the PUC to tell them enough is enough. How much more money do they need before we can drink the water! To file a formal complaint go to www.puc.state.pa.us. You can also find out about the PUC public input hearings at this web site. You can also send a letter to the PUC at Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, P.O.Box 3265, Harrisburg, Pa 17105-3265. I recommend that you make your voice heard. Maybe if enough people stand up, the gutless bastards at the PUC will take notice and deny these increases. You have The Right To Gripe!

Comments

  1. Why complain they will just have to hire someone to read the complaints(not answer or do anything about them)and there goes our rates again. FML

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment