I had to do it! I had to create a blog so you and I could gripe about all of "The Crap" that we encounter everyday in our lives. Believe me, there is plenty! You can now come to this blog to Gripe because you have the right to do so. Over time, we will Gripe about topics ranging from sports to politics to just about all of the garbage that happens around us. When you Gripe, you can add your name or not. It's your right! You can vent any way you want. Use foul language if you are angry enough to and if you are offended, just Gripe It! Hell, we have been banned from Facebook twice! You can Gripe about people, places and things. The only thing I ask is if you are going to Gripe about someone and you use their name, make sure you have the facts straight or say it's your opinion. Otherwise they will sue your and my ass off! It's your RIGHT TO GRIPE! You can respond to one of our Gripes or you can lay down your own Gripe. It's easy. To post your own Gripe just email it to email@example.com and we will get it on. You can also post a Gripe on our Facebook page. Just search The Right To Gripe. If you don't want to write it down, just click on one of the boxes below each Gripe to give your opinion. You can also become an official "Griper". All you need to do is "Sign Up" and create an account. IT'S FREE! So, don't sit back and take it, just GRIPE IT!
I have been saying it all along and now it is official. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area is #1 in the Least Happiest People. According to a recent study done by the University of British Columbia's Vancouver School of Economics, the WB/S area has the most miserable people in the entire United States of America based on a population of 1million plus. Two other Pennsylvania areas cracked the top 10, Erie was number 3 and Johnstown was number 6. Don't get me going on Johnstown and the Flood Tax of 1919. So three out of the top 10 were in the Keystone state. All 10 unhappy areas hail from cold weather climates. The Southern and Western states had no cities in the top 10. Also states like North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Idaho and other Midwestern states were also not in the top 10. There goes your cold weather theory right out the door.
Let me just say that I am not surprised by Wilkes Barre/Scranton being on the top of this list. We have the biggest bunch of no good, miserable sons of bitches on the planet. We have a bunch of low life welfare recipients here, a boat load of alleged disabled folks who think they are entitled to everything for free and a multitudes of senior citizens who are just plain nasty. We also have the most miserable people who think everyone is trying to either rip them off or get one up on them. The people of our area just plain SUCK! The Valley with a Heart has turned into The Valley with a Hard On. You say hello to a stranger on the street and they either look down or grunt and click a response. Who the hell knows what they are doing. In general we are a very unfriendly people here.
Along with all of this, let's pile on the City of WB with 13 murders in one year, our politicians right down to the judges are corrupt and everybody and their brother is stealing from charities. Also, taxes keep going up and the towns keep instituting new fee's to blow because of their fiscal irresponsibility. The area is a mess. In the famous words of Jack Nicholson as The Joker, "The town needs an enema". I say an enema with Prozac or maybe napalm.
Over the past several weeks I have been getting quite a few Gripers checking in with news stories that really tick them off. Of course I am unable to post on all of them, however this is one that really got my dander up. This came over from Chris "Strawberry" Fields
As most of you know, I am not a real big Obama fan. I am kind of indifferent to what he is doing in Washington only because I know our government is bogged down in partisan politics. Both the republicans and the democrats have drawn lines in the sand and refuse to give and take an inch. One of the current hot topics in Washington and around the country is the increased influx of illegal immigrant children pouring over the boarder. These children are trying to sneak into the U.S. without their parents. First off, what the hell is going on here? The kids are trying to slide in without parents! Are the parents dead? Are they already here? Are these kids from orphanages? Nobody seems to really know what is going on here.
To top this off, President Obama just awarded a $50 million contract to a charitable group, Baptist Child & Family Services, so they can buy a Texas hotel and transform it into a 600 bed facility for illegal alien children. WHAT! WHAT! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! The BCFS will take the Palm Aire Hotel and Suites in Weslaco, Texas and turn it into a temporary holding center for these illegal kids. They plan on hiring 650 employees to work at this new center. You may be saying, "Well what's wrong with that"? They can employ 650 more people while taking care of these poor kids that just went through hell and back to get into the U.S.
Let me tell you what is wrong with this. This new facility will have the 600 beds along with an Olympic sized swimming pool, tennis courts, a steam room, jacuzzi s, racquetball courts and a workout room. To top it off, some of the jobs here will pay up to $45.00 per hour. HOLY CRAP! The democrats claim that this facility is needed to keep potential disease transmission under control by having medical staff
and psychological treatment workers will on site. The average length
of stay for the youths will be between the ages of 12 and 17 is fifteen days.
After I read this story I felt like I just got kicked in the taxpayers testicles. I thought I may have seen my wallet open up on its own and dollar bills fly out the window. It just amazes me as to how much money the United States pays to help people from other countries. We spend, spend, spend while the people in this country are unemployed and eating in soup kitchens. We actually have U.S. citizens who are starving and have no idea where their next meal is coming from. We have people without health care and people without a roof over their heads. Instead of helping these folks out, we spend money on others like we are printing it. Hey, wait a minute, we are printing it.
The Bottom line here is that our government needs to stop being the charity one stop shop for the rest of the world. It's time we take care of our own and stop worrying about everyone else. As for these illegal immigrant kids, they need to go back to their countries. I know it sounds cold hearted, but America is busting from the seams with immigrants. Our country cannot sustain itself with the population size we currently have. As it grows, things will become worse. There will not be enough jobs, there will not be enough housing and crime will continue to rise at an alarming level. It's time for our President along with Congress to make some real tough decisions.
This story came over from one of our enraged Gripers, Timmy "PA Juggulo" who saw it on Times Leader.com.
WILKES-BARRE — A Duryea woman is suing a Dallas animal farm, claiming
she was bitten in the buttocks during a visit to the property last
year. Kingston attorney Carl Guagliardo filed the suit in Luzerne County Court on behalf of Alicia Ciminelli. According
to the suit, Ciminelli visited Blue Chip Farms Animal Refuge on Aug. 6
to return a cat, and employees were aware she would be coming to the
farm for that purpose. When Ciminelli went back into her car
to retrieve paperwork for the cat, a dog owned by the defendants “ran
behind her and attacked her, violently biting her in the left buttock
area,” the suit says. Ciminelli claims one count of
negligence, alleging that the owners failed to restrain the dog, and did
not warn her of potential danger — even though they knew or should have
known the dog had a propensity to attack, according to the suit.
Ciminelli is seeking unspecified damages for physical pain, mental anguish and loss of income.
Let me just say, "WHAT, WHAT, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!" You filthy, greedy son of a bitch! Who the hell would sue a non profit no kill animal shelter? This stuff makes me sick. I just threw up all over the kitchen table. If I were the judge here I would open the trial, ask this greedy nut job if she was breathing and then slam the gavel and tell her to get the hell out of my court room. The Blue Chip was good enough to take her cat but when a dog chomped down on her fat ass she now wants to sue. Maybe the dog thought her left hemisphere was a tasty rump roast so he took a taste. Who knows. The bottom line here is that this Alicia Ciminelli is looking to make a quick buck on taking a nip on the ass globe. Yea, the dog bit her. But c'mon, mental anguish? I guess she can no longer twerk like she used to.
Here we go again. The latest figures are out and it looks like the area school taxes are on the rise again this year. Our idiotic governor Tom Corbett reluctantly signed the states fiscal budget which gave the schools a good idea of how much funding they will get for the year. "Slice and Dice" Corbett did increase funding to schools, but not as much as he promised. This sent the local school districts into a panic state since the funding was a bit slight. If you remember, Corbett "sliced and diced" the funding to schools when he took office which led to a hefty rise in school taxes. Now that it's an election year, Corbett did a turn about and threw out some money to try to bolster his failing campaign. Of course, its not enough so the taxpayers will now take on an average school tax increase of about 3%. Some districts are higher and of course some are lower.
Leading the way with the largest increase is Northwest Area. They are whacking the residents a whopping 4.8%. In addition to whacking the people with a high tax increase, the school district will furlough 4 teachers and lay off another 2. Northwest area is in such financial disarray, they may be on the brink of being declared a distressed school district. It seems to me that they may need a better financial person steering that sinking ship. Coming in second is the Hazleton school district with a 3.8% increase followed by Wyoming Area at 3.2%. Believe it or not, Hanover Area will not be increasing their school taxes. Way to go Hanover!
The bottom line here is, how much more can "We The People" be taxed? Right now more than 33% of our hard earned pay is gone for taxes. What we get from this taxation also seems to be less and less. If you think about it, the state funding for our schools comes from taxes. On top of this, we have to pay a school tax. It's a double whammy to the old pocket book. I think it's time to evaluate these big union teacher salaries. It's time to trim down their health care to match what everyone else in the business world has. No more Cadillac of health care with no co-pays. Let's base pay raises on performance and not simply because they belong in the union. In some cases the teachers union breeds mediocrity which leads to poor education. Oh, by the way, to all you history teachers out there, Columbus did not discover America. Yes, we are still teaching that in some classrooms.
Happy Birthday America. It's the 4th of July holiday weekend and all Americans are celebrating the birth of our great nation. The founding fathers along with the colonists gave up their lives to fight the tyranny of England and King George III. The entire war was basically about freedom to make choices. It was about taxation without representation. It was all about being under the thumb of Great Britain. Our history books teach us about the Boston Tea Party, George Washington crossing the Delaware in the freezing cold and British General Cornwallis surrender at Yorktown. With the colonists victory came the shame to the British. How could they have been defeated by a rag tag bunch of misfits? The 13 colonies had no real government, no real army, no bank, no finances and no central treasury to fund the war. This was the biggest case of David versus Goliath. This band of revolutionaries led by George Washington had slain the great army of Britain. No one else in the world had been able to do this, PERIOD! The pure desire to be free led the Americans to victory. Desire, a dangerous element if you are trying to suppress it.
I look back on this today and wonder, "Are our founding fathers spinning in their graves"? Our great nation has become what our early settlers despised. We are taxed out the yin yang, crime is running rampant and Washington is a disgrace. Sure, we have representation in Washington, or do we? Our representatives in the House and the Senate continue to plunge the government into chaos. Our state and local government representatives continue to add tax after tax to make up for their poor decisions which have cast our towns into a financial def-con 1. Our politicians continue to take high salaries while our people sink lower and lower into poverty. Industry continues to move out of the U.S. for cheaper labor countries like China and India. Unemployment continues to rise as does the number of people on the welfare ranks. As all of this unfolds, thousands of illegal aliens pour over the borders every day which compounds these issues 10 fold. The United States of America is sliding into the fiscal abyss and no one in government seems to give the proverbial "Rat's Ass"!
Instead of making hard decisions, the government gets us bogged down into useless wars in the middle east that cost us trillions and trillions of dollars. We hand out billions of dollars to numerous countries in the form of aid. Many of these countries hate our guts, but we still give them aid. While we spend, spend, spend, the value of the American dollar drops internationally. How can we give out money we really don't have? Why are we not cutting off this charity pipeline so we help our own people. While the money spigot is open to full, our roads and bridges deteriorate to unsafe levels. More people than ever are living in the streets wondering where their next meal will come from. The Democrats blame the Republicans and visa-verse. They worry about throwing blame left and right but never come up with any answers. The fact is the government has us right where they want us. Under the thumb of tyranny. Sounds familiar doesn't it.
As crime runs rampant, the police are too worried about seat belts and DUI's. Checkpoints were set up all over the valley this weekend to check for unbuckled belts and drunk drivers. Instead of closing drug houses the police are patrolling for teens who my be speeding a bit or changing lanes without a blinker. Instead of patrolling the streets in cars or on foot, they sit in stationary places waiting for someone to glide through a stop sign or yellow light. It appears that as the crime rate rises, we place fewer and fewer police on the streets due to fiscal distress. Our leaders are allowing an all out criminal assault to go unchecked. Drug dealers from New York and Philly pour into the area to peddle their crap to our citizens. While here, they murder people without remorse as if it is part of the job. It's like the Wild, Wild West and it appears that it will only get worse.
Does the great United States of America have it's issues? You bet. However, she is still the greatest nation on this small planet of ours. I am not sure that I would want to live anywhere else. I have the freedom to write this blog that bashes our government representatives from all levels. If I lived in Russia or China, I would have been rounded up a long time ago and sent to Siberia or put in a prison camp. As I look at all of the fireworks, I think about how lucky I am to be an American. I just hope that our representatives can get together to come up with a plan to keep this nation great. If they don't, let's get people in there that can and will. "We The People" have the freedom to vote better people in who have the best interest of The People in mind with every decision. It's up to all of us to stay "GREAT"!
I am mad at myself. In fact I kicked myself in the ass this morning and screamed, "Get back to the R2G you idiot"! Yes, I have been neglectful when it comes to Griping. Don't get me wrong, I have been vocally Griping all along. My wife can attest to this. I was driving into work the other day and she looked at me and said, "Do you know we have been in the car for just 12 minutes and you have complained the entire time"? When we stopped at the 5th red light in our path to workdom, I turned and said, "Really, I didn't know that". Of course to myself I was thinking, "YES, YOU ARE ON YOUR GAME TODAY"! You see, in just 12 minutes you can lay down at least 5 to 7 Gripes. It's easy! Once in the car you can Gripe about having to go to work. You start the car and try to back out of the driveway. Of course right at that moment a long string of cars come down the street. You can top this Gripe with none of the ungrateful bastards stopped to let you out. That is now 3 Gripes in under 5 minutes. You are on a roll! Once you get going, BAM a stop sign just 50 yards from your house. Next its BAM, a red light, followed by more red lights which are about 100 to 200 yards apart. You hit one, you're gonna hit them all. At about the third or fourth one your brain is on high Gripe alert. Everything is setting you off. You see, it's this easy.
Yes, I have neglected my baby, the R2G. I have neglected it like a bad mother leaving her infant in a hot car while she hits the slots up the casino. My neglect only rivals the single mother who leaves her child with the drug riddled boyfriend. We all know the results of that misjudgement. Yep, the boyfriend shakes the crap out of the kid until the child dies. You see it at least 5 times a year. I am making a vow right now to Gripe at least once a week. I promise. If I don't, let me know and I will Gripe myself as a slacker.
Once a year we buy gifts and pamper those women who took care of us for so many years, our Mothers. Some dads and their kids will go out shopping to buy flowers or jewelery for their moms. Some will take their mothers out for a nice dinner while others will let their moms feast with breakfast in bed. These women deserve the best on Mothers Day because they brought us into the world and nurtured us into the people that we are today. Most mothers like many women are loving, caring and compassionate. They make sure we have that lunch which was packed with love. I remember that bologna and cheese sandwich that always tasted so good simply because my mother made it. She always claimed that it was so good because she added a little love to the formula. Over the span of time, mothers have always been the focal point of the family. Holding everything together just seemed to be part of the job. Women seem to be wired for this monumental challenge. However, history has also taught us that women can sometimes be quite the opposite. So on this Mothers Day, I give you the Top 10 Most Evil Women that ever lived on planet Earth.
10. Queen Mary I: Mary was the only child of Henry VII and Catherine of Aragon to live past infancy. Mary is remembered for temporarily and violently returning England to Catholicism. Many prominent Protestants were executed on her command for their beliefs leading to her moniker of Bloody Mary. Ah, now you know where the drink got its name from.
9. Myra Hindley: This wonderful woman along with Ian Brady were responsible for the "Moors Murders" in Manchester England in the 1960's. These two monsters were responsible for the kidnapping, sexual abuse, torture and murder of three children under the age of twelve and two teenagers 16 and 17. A key found in Myra's possession led to incriminating evidence that was stored in a locker at Manchester Central Station. The evidence included a tape recording of one of the murder victims screaming as Hindley and Brady raped and tortured her. While on trial for these vicious acts, Myra and her mother Nellie were seen eating candy, uncaring of the trial or the crimes.
8. Irma Grese: Irma was employed at the Nazi concentration camps of Ravensbrück and Auschwitz, and was a warden of the women’s section of Bergen-Belsen. She was convicted for crimes against humanity at the Belsen Trial and sentenced to death. She loved torture via different painful methods and wore heavy boots as a habit. She also carried a pistol for the facilitation of her various purposes. Executed at 22 years, 67 days of age, Grese was the youngest woman to die judicially under English law in the 20th century, on 13 December 1945, Hamelin, Germany. She was nicknamed “the Beast of Belsen”, “The Beautiful Beast”, and “Die Hyäne von Auschwitz”.
7. Beverly Allitt: The Angel of Death, Beverley Gail Allitt is an English serial killer one of the 10 most evil women. She was convicted of murdering four children, attempting to murder three other children, and causing grievous bodily harm to a further six children. The crimes were committed over a period of 59 days between February and April 1991 in the children’s ward at Grantham and Kesteven Hospital, Lincolnshire, where Allitt was employed as a State Enrolled Nurse. She administered large doses of insulin to at least two victims and a large air bubble was found in the body of another, but police were unable to establish how all the attacks were carried out. In May 1993, at Nottingham Crown Court, she received 13 life sentences for the crimes. Mr. Justice Latham, sentencing, told Allitt that she was “a serious danger” to others and was unlikely ever to be considered safe enough to be released. She is detained at Rampton Secure Hospital in Nottinghamshire.
6. Belle Gunness: Standing six feet tall and weighing over 91 kg, a physically strong woman, Belle Gunness was one of America’s most degenerate and productive female serial killers. She was an imposing and powerful woman of Norwegian descent. It is likely that she killed both her husbands and all of her children at different times, but it is certain that she murdered most of her suitors, boyfriends, and her two daughters, Myrtle and Lucy. The motive was greed-pure and simple; life insurance policies and assets stolen or swindled from her suitors became her source of income. Most reports put her death toll at more than twenty victims over several decades, with some claiming in excess of one hundred. Inconsistencies during her post mortem examination; the corpse was reported to be two inches shorter than Belle’s six feet, paved the way for Belle Gunnes to enter American criminal folklore, a female Bluebeard.
5. Mary Ann Cotton: Britain’s first serial killer, Mary Ann Cotton, born in October 1832 in Low Moorsley, County Durham. Married at age twenty to William Mowbray, the newlyweds settled in Plymouth, Devon, to start their family. The couple had five children, four of whom died of ‘gastric fever and stomach pains’. Moving back to the north-east, tragedy seemed to follow them; three more children born, three more children died. William soon followed his offspring, dying of an ‘intestinal disorder’ in January 1865. British Prudential promptly paid a 35 pound dividend, and a pattern was established. Her second husband, George Ward, died of intestinal problems as well as one of her two remaining children. The power of the press, always a force to be reckoned with, caught up with Mary Ann. The local newspapers discovered that as Mary Ann moved around northern England, she lost three husbands, a lover, a friend, her mother and a dozen children, all dying of stomach fever. She was hanged at Durham County Gaol, March 24, 1873, for murder by arsenic poisoning. She died slowly, the hangman using too short a drop for a ‘clean’ execution.
4. Isle Koch: Born on 22 September 1906, Ilse Koch, known as “Die Hexe von Buchenwald” the Witch of Buchenwald, or “Buchenwälder Schlampe” the Bitch of Buchenwald, was the wife of Karl-Otto Koch. She was one of the first prominent Nazis to be tried by the US military. Drunk on the absolute power rendered by her husband, she reveled in torture and obscenity. Infamous for her souvenirs; tattoos taken from the murdered inmates, her reputation for debauchery was well earned. After building an indoor sports arena in 1940, with 250,000 marks stolen from inmates, Ilsa was promoted to Oberaufseherin or “chief overseer” of the few female guards at Buchenwald. She committed suicide by hanging herself at Aichach women’s prison on September 1, 1967.
3. Elizabeth Bathory: Born in 1560 and dying in 1614, Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed was a countess from the renowned Báthory family of nobility in the Kingdom of Hungary. She has been labeled the most prolific female serial killer in history, although the number of murders is debated, and is remembered as the “Blood Countess.” She was the infamous serial killer of Hungary. She used to kill peasant girls through severe beatings, burning, mutilation of body parts, chewing off the face etc. She was on house arrest and was not put to trial because of her status!
2. Gertrude Baniszewski: Gertrude began her torture of Sylvia Likens in August of 1965, who was in her care as the latters parents were traveling regularly due to their profession. Sylvia was beaten with paddles, bathed in boiling hot water, starved, stubbed with cigarette butts, forced to insert glass coke bottles into her vagina on two occasions, verbal abused and forced to consume her own urine and feces. Shortly before Sylvia's death. Gertrude tried to brand her stomach with the words, :I am a prostitute and proud of it", using a sewing needle. Gertrude also encouraged her own children and their friends to torture and abuse Sylvia.
1. Katherine Knight: Born on 24 October 1955 and continues to serve life long sentence in the prison, Katherine Mary Knight was the first Australian woman to be sentenced to life imprisonment without parole. She had a history of violence in relationships. She mashed the dentures of one of her ex-husbands and slashed the throat of another husband’s eight-week-old puppy before his eyes. A heated relationship with John Charles Thomas Price became public knowledge with an Apprehended Violence Order that Price had filed against Knight and ended with Knight stabbing Price to death with a butcher’s knife. He had been stabbed at least 37 times, both front and back, with many of the wounds penetrating vital organs. She then skinned him and hung his “suit” from the door frame in the living room, cut off his head and put it in the soup pot, baked his buttocks, and prepared gravy and vegetables to accompany the ‘roast’. The meal and a vindictive note were set out for the children, luckily discovered by police before they arrived home. There you have it, the Top 10 Most Evil Women in History. I know that some of you may have thought that your ex wives or former girlfriends would have been on this list but they pale in comparison to these women.
Every week we will post a poll question with a few answers to choose from. We want to know what the hell you think!
What do you think of LeBron James 2 year $42.1 million contract with his former team the Cavaliers?
ATTENTION WAL MART SHOPPERS
Hanging With Mr. Pissed Off
Technology, it really pisses me off. Half the time it doesn't work right and the other half I don't know how to work it correctly. Technology is driving us all to homicide. Every time I use some sort of tecnology, I end up frustrated. It drives me nuts. Also, technology continues to put people out of work. Companies are laying off employees because they no longer need positions. Technology has replaced them. Let me tell you something, from first hand experience I can tell you that when you rely on too much technology and it fails, you are screwed.
PIC OF THE WEEK
CHECK THIS OUT!
Please make sure you click on The R2G ads below. Heck, I might be able to make a few cents on it.
Schmuck Of The Week Award
This week's award goes to Ryan Sucard, the Press Secretary for U.S. Representative "Casino Marino". Sucard was arrested for carrying a 9mm handgun and magazine into the Cannon Building in Washington D.C. He will be charged with carrying a weapon without a license. Sucard when asked claimed it was a mistake. Sounds like a pretty dumb move to me.
WTF! This babies got back.
BECOME AN OFFICIAL GRIPER
These Blogs Have Links To The Right To Gripe. Please Show Them Some Love By Checking Them Out.