The Levee Passes Inspection With C- Grade


I feel much safer now, the levee which keeps the raging waters of the Susquehanna River at bay has been deemed safe by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Our levee received a minimally acceptable rating even though there were several deficiencies identified by the inspectors. The problems included poor sod cover, bad encroachments and rutting which they claim is caused by ATV and dirt bike riders. I think you all know where this is going! After reading about this barley passing grade in the local newspaper I immediately went to open my mail and guess what the postman delivered? Yep, my flood levee fee! This immediately sent me into a tirade! We citizens of Wyoming Valley are paying a levee fee and our levee is minimally acceptable? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! What the hell are they doing with our money? Our levee should receive an A+ every 5 years when it is inspected. Those sons of bitches in the courthouse are fleecing us out of our money! I would love to know exactly how much the nitwits on River Street have actually spent on the upkeep of the dyke system. By the looks of things not too much! I want to tell you that this really pisses me off! They whack us with a bogus levee fee and then we basically get a C- grade. This is a bunch of bull shit! I say we all boycott paying this fee NOW! Enough is enough! As for the ATV and dirt bike riders, way to go you morons! Keep riding those bikes on the dyke. If the levee breaks, we are all coming to look for you.

Comments