Happy Valley Turns Into Bizzaro World

WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST HEARD? Last night on Rock Center with Brian Williams, sports announcer and interviewer Bob Costas spoke over the phone with Jerry "The Sandman" Sandusky. Also last night, CNN's Anderson Cooper on his show Anderson Cooper 360 spoke with Sandusky's lawyer Attorney Joe Amendola which may have been one of the most retarded interviews that I have ever seen. Both of these interviews made me grab my cranium several times while I shouted out, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! During these interviews I wanted to jump right through the TV set to strangle both Sandusky and Amendola. They were so bizarre and so absurd that no normal human being on planet earth could possibly understand what the defense is going to be when this mess gets to court. Before I comment on these interviews, there was one great nugget that came from Anderson Cooper. You are going to love this one.

Allegations have come forward that District Justice Leslie Dutchcot, the judge who arraigned Jerry Sandusky has been involved with his 2nd Mile Charity. According to State Rep. Mike Vereb (R-150th of Montgomery County) “A number of reports indicate that this justice is a donor to the nonprofit, she attended social events of the nonprofit and she is a volunteer for The Second Mile. She arraigned him and gave him $100,000 unsecured bail, which means, he didn’t have to put anything up.” It appears that District Justice Dutchcot ignored prosecutors requests for $500,000 bail and that Sandusky be harnessed with an ankle bracelet for tracking. In case you don't know, Sandusky currently lives adjacent to a playground and an elementary school. WHAT! WHAT! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!

Speaking of ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME, Jerry Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola spoke to Anderson Cooper last night and may have just sent his client to the crow bar hotel for a long, long time. During this interview, Amendola claimed that Sandusky did not sexually molest any young boys, but did shower with them on several occasions. He claimed that his client is nothing but a big jock kid and that "The Sandman" believes that horseplay in the shower is OK even with 10 year old boys. Wrongo beaver breath! It is not OK for a grown man to shower with a young boy, PERIOD. Is it illegal, maybe, but it is morally questionable. He also claimed that Sandusky simply loves the company of young boys and enjoys being around them. But CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin said she thinks a crime has already been committed, based on Sandusky's own admissions.

"It's such a classic fact pattern for him to admit that he showered with these children and horsed around and confessed to touching them," she said on CNN's "AC360." "In my mind, that's already misdemeanor child sex abuse. So I disagree when the attorney says nothing criminal happened here. That, in and of itself, is criminal ... I'm flabbergasted."

In Coatas's interview he asked Sandusky if he was a pedophile and did he commit these crimes? "I could say I have done some of those things," he said. "I have horsed around with kids I have showered (with) after workouts. I have hugged them, and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."

Still, Sandusky claimed he has been falsely accused of crimes. When pressed, the 67-year-old Sandusky said the only thing he did wrong was having "showered with those kids."

Finally, when asked by Bob Costas if Paterno had ever spoken to him about his behavior or expressed disapproval, Sandusky said simply, "No." There it is, right from "The Sandman" himself! Big Nose Paterno claimed that he knew what was going on, went to the A.D. with it but never, ever directly spoke to his right hand man about it! This is either a big fat lie by Sandusky or a big fat fumble at the goal line by JoePa. Folks, this makes me sick to my already heaving stomach. I am dry heaving right now writing this Gripe! Believe me when I say more bizarre things will come out of Happy Valley in the upcoming days. Happy Valley has just turned into Bizzaro World, U.S.A.

To see these interviews, go to CNN.com and NBC.com.

Comments