Gripers Sound Off

Over the past few days, Gripers have been contacting me with tons of things that are really sending them over the edge.  As most of you know, theses things just add to the stress of everyday life and we don't need them.  I know they do for me.  I thought that I would touch on a few of these items that I know you can relate to.

No Turn On Red:  Some years ago, the state of Pennsylvania passed a law that motorists can make a legal right hand turn on a red light.  This was a great move by our lawmakers since it is pretty stupid to sit at a light and not be able to turn right if there is no traffic.  Of course, some drivers took total advantage of this law and ran red lights to make the turn thus causing accidents.  In response, towns everywhere in the state put up No Turn On Red signs everywhere.  These signs went up like flowers blooming in the Spring.  There are now very few intersections with a traffic light that doesn't have one of these signs.  What I don't get is why?  Just because a few idiots blew through the lights under the guise of the law, don't penalize the rest of us.  I say either take these insane signs down or just do away with the law.  I am sick and tired of sitting at a red light with no chance of turning right with no traffic in sight for miles.



Blacktop sidewalks in the Heights.
Screwed Up Sidewalks:  One of our faithful Gripers Bob W., who by the way is in touch with the R2G everyday spotted this one in Wilkes-Barre.  It appears that the water company was doing some work on the line that ran under the sidewalks up in the heights.  After the repair reptiles finished their job, they repaved the walkways with macadam and not concrete.  As you can see by the picture to the left, it looks like crap!  Instead of doing it right, they took the easy shortcut and threw down some blacktop.  You lazy bastards! Do it right or don't do it at all.   If I lived in that neighborhood I would be pissed!





The State Flower of Pennsylvania
PA Highways:  I know I have gone ape on this before, but the highways in Pennsylvania suck.  The R2G went on the road last weekend to visit the big ball park in the Bronx to take in a Yankee game.  By the way, a big F.U. goes out to Yankee pitcher Freddy Garcia for pitching so bad that he had to be removed with one out in the 2nd inning.  Anyway, on the return home the roads in New York and New Jersey were great.  As soon as we passed through the toll at the Delaware Water Gap and into Pennsylvania the horror began.  We were only 1/8th of a mile into the Keystone State when we hit what we thought was construction.  To our dismay, the roadside was blooming with the state flower, the orange construction barrel but no actual work was anywhere to be seen.  ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!  Why does PennDot put all of this crap in place weeks before the work begins?  I don't get it!  They also plant this stuff miles before the actual work spot which snarls traffic as far as the eye can see.  This drives me INSANE!

There you have it, just a few items sent over by our Gripers.  I want to send out a thank you and a Keep On Griping.

Comments