The Repairman Cometh....NOT!

Every year I call the furnace repair company to come to my house to clean my furnace.  Let me tell you that it is important to have your furnace cleaned every year.  Anyway, I had the appointment set up for today, Friday at high noon.  I left work at about 11:30 so I would be home in time to greet the guy at the door.  As I sat at my kitchen table reading the paper, time was ticking closer and closer to 12 noon.  It was 11:45, no repairman.  11:50, nothing yet. 11:55, still nothing.  Finally high noon, he must be on the porch right now.  No, he's not.  I waited and waited and waited, 15, 20 minutes went by.  Finally, my cell phone rings and guess who it is?  You got it, the furnace repairman.  He was calling to inform me that he would not be able to make it due to an emergency.  ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!  I left work, drove home and now you are not coming!  Of course, this is typical.  When you call the cable company, gas, water or electric company they always give you the "The repair man will be there sometime between 8 and 1 or 12 and 5".  I am sick and tired of this crap!  Why can't these clowns narrow the time down to at least a one hour range.  Hell, you have to take a day off from work when you need something done.  I love it when they give you the 12 to 5 hour time range and then show up right at 5.  If I knew that I could have gotten a full day of work in.  It also sends me into a lather when they show up and they don't have the parts.  This means you have to set up another appointment and burn another vacation day.  This drives me insane!  The icing on the cake is when the repair job takes about 20 minutes and they whack you a C-note or more.  The bottom line here is these companies have you by the short hairs and they know it.  They can spew out any time range they like because they know you need them to repair your broken item.  Do they give a rats behind....NO!  They string us along like lemmings toward the cliff.  I for one am sick and tired of this.  It simply sets my testicular region a blaze.          

Comments