Another Water Rate Increase

Here we go again.  The Pennsylvania American Water Company has filed a request with the spineless PUC to increase their water rates.  The are requesting an overall increase of $58.6 million per year.  This works out to about $52 to $58 more per month for residential customers, $231 to $254 for commercial users and $3600 to $3850 for industrial customers.  The P.A.W. claims that they have invested about $112.3 million on systems improvements which include a newly constructed 1 million gallon water storage tank in Pittston Twp. and a new 400,000 gallon tank in Newton Twp.  Over the past several years they say that they have invested $731 million to improve service, water quality and environmental protection.  They also claim that they have replaced aging and undersized water mains, upgraded valves and pumping stations and installed new fire hydrants.  If the PUC passes this increase, it will take effect as of June 29, 2013.

To this I say, "WHAT, WHAT, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME"!  I can't even drink the chemical laden water that comes out of my tap.  The liquid crap that spews from my faucet smells and tastes like pool water.  It is tainted with a variety of chemicals that either will kills us directly or riddle us with enough cancer to do the job.  Who the hell are these greedy clowns trying to kid.  What they are trying to do is line the pockets of their executives with more dough, re, me.  If the PUC or Pubic Useless Commission had enough guts they would throw the Pennsylvania American Water Company representatives right out of the hearing on their asses.  These greedy vultures claim that they have done all this work to improve our water quality.  Do they think we are stupid!  Every time I take a shower I have to lather up my entire body with lotion because their water turns my skin as dry as a desert.  I'm just about ready to join a freak show as the alligator man.  I can't even wear a black shirt because it looks like it snowed due to my dried out hide.

If this increase goers through we should all refuse to pay our bills.  We should storm the PA American Water Company office and rip the places apart.  I don't know if I can take any more increases in my utility bills.  I recommend that all of you contact the PUC by calling 1-800-692-7380.  You can also request an official complaint form by writing to the Pennsylvania Utility Commission, Post Office Box 3265, Harrisburg, PA 17105-3265 or by going to their web site at www.puc.state.pa.us.  GOOD LUCK!  You will need it.

Comments