Merry Christmas or Should I Say Gripemas

As our family opened presents this morning, I could not help but to hearken back to December 2009 when I lost it on a package that I needed a jack-hammer to open.  I sat and chuckled as my family members struggled to get past heat sealed plastic, multiple twist ties and of course the plastic straps that hold items in their boxes.  I kept saying to myself, "They are sealed for our protection".  Actually it is an outrage the way these things are packaged.  One gift took 15 minutes to get out of the package.  Hell, I had to go get my tool kit out pry the thing out.  I almost called 911 for the jaws of life.  It was easier getting King Tut out of his tomb.  A baby is born easier.   

Not being able to open a gift started it all 4 years ago right around this time of the year.  The Right To Gripe was born.  After 333 Gripes and 57,157 web hits, the R2G is still here and Griping.  We have complained about national, state and local news and sports, added multiple side features and even have a guest columnist, Mr. Pissed Off.  We have come a long way in 4 years.  So where do we go from here.  Many of our readers have had some good ideas.  One reader thinks we should do a video Gripe.  Another thinks we should do live remotes from locations that really tick us off.  And the ultimate idea of holding a Gripefest every year at a local establishment.  All great ideas.

Over the past 2 or 3 months I have not been very diligent in posting up my Gripes.  I assure you that I have not run short on things to go "ape" on.  The world is full of idiotic people and believe you me they will keep us entertained.  For some reason I just thought about WB Mayor Tom Leighton bragging to the media about how crime was down in "his city".  Ha!  Thirteen murders in less than 12 full months.  I think he must have been ingesting those magic mushrooms that he picks up in Exeter.  Speaking of Exeter, the authorities finally raided Magical Gardens Head Shop.  What the hell have they been waiting for?  See, there is plenty of fodder to Gripe about.

To all my readers, thank you for coming to my blog.  I hope to keep you entertained throughout 2014.  I encourage you to Gripe about things that tick you off and please Gripe often.  I would say Happy Holidays but this would send me into orbit.  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanuka and to all a Happy and Joyous New Year.     

Comments