Gripe Shots

It's been some time since I spouted off here and boy am I ready.  Let's pull up a stool and belly up to the bar.  Gripetender, pour me a few Gripe Shots.

It's fall and that means the start of the National Football League season.  I know many people out there are thrilled about NFL football starting but I am not one of them.  It seems every year I write about the NFL and how boring the games are.  This season is no different.  I sat down on week one to watch a few games and BAM, I went right to sleep.  These games just plain suck!  They are slow and predictable at best.  The announcers suck and so do more than half of the teams.  Watching a game on TV is like watching grass grow.  The game starts with a 30 second kick off, followed by 3 or 4 minutes of commercials and then 3 plays and a punt followed by 3 or 4 minutes of commercials.  God forbid if someone scores a touchdown.  Its the TD, commercials, the extra point, commercials, the kick off and you guessed it, more commercials.  There are more commercials than actual game time.  Of course before the game, at half time and then after the game we have countless minutes of 5,6 and sometimes 7 so called experts numbing our brains with useless tripe concerning the league.  I can't watch it, I just can't.

WB Police at Sherman Hills
Over the past few months, Wilkes-Barre Police have responded to several shootings and stabbings at the Sherman Hills/Coal Street Housing Project.  Do I need to say more, YES!  This Low Income scum pit has become a nesting place for riff raff from New York, New Jersey and Philly.  They come to the Valley to settle in while bringing their Wild, Wild West ways to the area.  I for one am sick and tired of reading about it.  The City of Wilkes-Barre needs to shut this pig pen down and take a bulldozer to it.  I had the chance to talk to a resident that lived on Walters Way which is right across the street.  He echoed by thoughts and felt that dynamite was the answer.  Let's get this rats nest shut down and send these filthy animals back where they came from.

Eric Frein
Finally, a few thoughts on Pa State Trooper ambush suspect Eric Frein,  Actually, one word, coward.  This jerk ambushed two Troopers at the Blooming Grove barracks on September 12th killing one and wounding the other.  He has eluded the Dragnet now for 15 days in the woods near Canadensis.  Police don't seem to be any closer to catching this murderer.  Frien is a survivalist with the skills to stay hidden for a long time.  Police believe that he a armed and dangerous.  No shit Sherlock.  The search has been slow through the woods due to the belief that Frein had knowledge of using explosives.  It was reported that authorities had him contained within a 5 mile wooded area.  In the end, I suspect he will go out guns a blazing.  Good Luck finding this creep.

That's it folks.  I have had enough Gripe to get off my chest for now.  I know I have not been up to task recently with my posts, damn work keeps getting in the way.  Don't fret though, I will make sure that I post up a Gripe at least once a week.   

Comments