Gripe Shots



I have not had a chance lately to throw up some Gripe.  You know how it goes, work, work work makes the R2G a dull boy.  Well, I have had enough.  You see Gripe has been building up and I need to relax.  When this build up of Gripe comes, I know it is time to pull up the old stool and summon the Gripetender.  It is time to throw back a few to get things off my chest.  Yep, you got that right.  It is time for a few Gripe Shots.  So why don't you join me so we can lay do


Pennsylvania's new Governor, Tom "The Wolfman" Wolf has been in office for about a month and a half and he is already ticking me off.  The Wolfman announced yesterday that he is putting a moratorium on the states death penalty laws.  He is waiting for a report from the Pennsylvania Task Force and Advisory Commission on Capital Punishment.  My hand just cramped up typing out this commissions full name.  In a memorandum The Wolfman stated that while governors have signed more than 400 death warrants since the death penalty was reinstated nearly 40 years ago only 3 people have actually been executed.  WHAT!  WHAT!  ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!  Only 3 people have been strapped into the power chair and zapped!  That's insane!  Why have the death penalty if you are not going to fry these murdering bastards?  I'll tell you why.  People are getting sick and tired of forking over tax dollars to keep murders behind bars.  Some will say, "What if they are innocent and we put them to death"?  I say one appeal and if the verdict is still guilty drag them down the hall and flip the power switch.  Criminals will think twice about killing someone if this were the case.





Last night a few professional Gripers got together to have a few beers and a couple of cuts of pizza.  Of course talk turned to the Middle East and then eventually to the recent murders in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Three UNC students were shot dead by 46 year old Craig Steven Hicks.  The reason for the shooting is still unknown but rumors say it was either over a book or a parking space.  The caveat to this shooting is the victims were Muslims.  Of course this has the international community in an uproar.  The Secretary General of the United Nations along with Jordan's Ambassador are joining others around the work decrying the shootings.  Wait a minute here.  Yes, any act of murder is a terrible thing, but why is the spineless U.N. making statements?  When people of other religions are murdered, they don't make statements.  They made this statement because most of the countries around this world are gutless.  Period!  If 3 Catholic, Protestant or Jewish students were murdered there would be a front page story in the Raleigh paper as well as others in the surrounding community.  It would not be a world story.  This actually makes me want to puke!

Finally, I am sick and tired of winter.  I don't know how much more of this below zero crap I can take.  I also don't know if I can handle anymore snow and ice either.  Mother nature has changed her normal weather patterns this winter to include the Northeast in her punishment zone.  The New England states may not get rid of their snow until June.  Hell, it has piled up over their front doors.  Hey now I know why people go out for bread and milk before it snows.  I wonder if the Bostonian's stocked up before the snow hit?  By the way, it looks like they may get hit hard again this weekend.  Poor bastards.

          

Comments