Life's Little Bites In The Ass

Sometimes in life we make some decisions that we regret.  One that I made was to stop blogging here on The Right To Gripe and to create and spend all my time on a Beer Blog called The Beer Meister.  It wasn't so much that I made an error in starting the other Blog, but the mistake was not continuing the R2G.  Believe me when I tell you there was nothing wrong with traveling around, drinking different types of beer and then writing about them.  HELL, IT WAS GREAT!  What I regret was not keeping up with Griping right here along with all of you fellow Gripers.  I know, I let you down and for this I am truly sorry.  It was a bite in the ass.

Speaking of a bite in the ass (left cheek), just as I got my Beer Meister Blog up and running, I had 2 seizure like episodes where I found myself passed out on the floor.  I know, you are saying that I drank too much beer and simply passed out.  Well, yes I was drinking beer for both episodes and yes I drank way too much.  Common sense would say that I drank to much and that I may have even been dehydrated as well which caused me to pass out.  But NOOOO, the doctors here in the great Wyoming Valley determined that I had Epilepsy and the seizure trigger was alcohol.  WHAT! WHAT!  ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!  Epilepsy and the trigger is booze!  It can't be!  To make a long story short, after a few tests and their diagnosis, I was placed on an anti seizure medication and can no long drink alcohol.  Well, maybe only one or two drinks now and then.  To top it off, the medication that I am taking kills the taste of all carbonated drinks which in essence murdered The Beer Meister.  Yep, the doctors murdered The Beer Meister.  They executed him by pharmaceutical. 

Me not being satisfied with the jug head doctors in the Wyoming Valley Area, I decided to go to an epilepsy expert in Lehigh Valley for a 2nd opinion on all of this crap.  After a 1.5 hour initial visit, yes you read that right, an hour and a half visit, she is not convinced that I have Epilepsy.  The only hour and a half you spend with a doctor around here is in the waiting room with 28 senior citizens that smell like either rose water and bad body odor who are hacking and coughing up mucus and farting.  So I would say that I would like your thoughts and prayers, but really I just want you to buy me a few beers.

To make things worse and to bite the right cheek on my ass, while I'm going through this Epilepsy debacle, I was diagnosed with skin cancer.  I'm not kidding you.  I had basal cell cancer on my forehead and melanoma on my back.  Both of these required minor surgeries that totaled 15 stitches on my skull and 20 on my back.  I also had 2 lymph nodes removed from under my left arm which were sent out to be biopsied.  All of this happened within about a months time.  It happened so darn fast.  That just reminded me of a Drivers Ed. film that we had to watch in high school.  The other car came out of nowhere and it happened so fast.  Remember that line from the film?  Anyway, the result of all of this slicing and dicing was that I am now cancer free!  Again, I would have asked for thoughts and prayers, but I just want you to buy me a beer.

Yep, life can really bite you in the ASS and I now have teeth marks on both my cheeks.  For now, The Beer Meister is dead and the Right To Gripe is back.  I have been thinking about the R2G for some time now and boy do I have some good idea's on how to Gripe.  Stay tuned right here, get involved and always remember, you have The Right To Gripe!         

     

   

Comments