The Gripes Top 10 Things To Be Thankful For

As I promised, here are The Right To Gripes Top 10 things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Drum roll please.....

10. Turkey: I am thankful for the smell and taste of turkey on Thanksgiving. It seems to taste extra special on this day. I am especially thankful for the trptophan in the turkey. There is nothing better than loading up on turkey and then dozing off in front of the TV set.




9. Buck Season: Thanksgiving means buck season is only a few days away. I know that my hunting party will once again walk into the woods to see absolutely NOTHING! I am not even sure my gun works anymore because it has been years since I pulled the trigger. Where did the freakin' deer go?




8. Good Beer: Thanksgiving also means that Octoberfest is out and that the Winter beers are on the way. Harpoon Winter Warmer and Sam Adams Winter Ale rank among the best. There is nothing better than a cold beer while sitting next to a fire.




7. The End Of The Year: Thanksgiving is in November and that means another lousy year is close to being in the books. Will 2012 be any better? That remains to be seen. Oh that's right, the world is going to end on 12/21/12. Shit, I guess a year can't get any worse than that? Maybe 2011 was not that bad.




6. Stuffing: There are only a few times each year that you are guaranteed stuffing with dinner. Thanksgiving is one of them. I always eat more stuffing than anything else. I just love to fill up on stuffing. Load up, because you may not taste Stuffing until next November.




5. Football: Thanksgiving means football games. There will be 3 NFL games on again this year. It also means that the college bowl season is right around the corner and its time to fork out the cash for the bowl pools. Keep in mind that you will not win, so just make your donation to the dippy chick in the office who picks the teams because she likes their colors.




4. Thanksgiving Dinner: This is where family and friends come to your house to eat and be merry. Of course that also means you have about 5 hours of clean up to do after they all leave. Pack and unpack and pack the dishwasher. Fill two heavy duty garbage bags with trash and then haul it to the curb. Of course the bag is so heavy you drag it to the curb and the bottom explodes and all the crap spills all over the lawn. God help you if you have dogs and you leave the garbage bag on your back porch!




3. Macy's Parade: Part of the tradition of Thanksgiving is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. You can only watch it for about 10 minutes because it just plain stinks on TV. Let's face it, the floats look great, but the high school bands, not so good on TV. As for the TV hosts of the parade, they are just too freakin' happy for me!





2. Christmas Songs: We will be able to hear Christmas songs on the radio over and over and over and over......you get my drift. Magic 93 will play obscure Christmas songs while forgetting Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Perry Como and Peggy Lee. You may hear the old standards every once in a while. Last year, they played the David Bowie with Bing song every hour on the hour. The song SUCKS! David Bowie was not meant to sing Christmas songs. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas songs. I don't like the remake of the remake of White Christmas by Justin Beiber or Whitney Houston. YACK!




1. R2G: Finally, the number one thing I give thanks for on this holiday is the Right To Gripe. I have said it before and I will say it again, we all have the right to gripe so do it! I want to thank all of our readers and official gripers who have stayed the course. The R2G will be turning 2 years old in a few weeks and thanks to all of you we are still going strong. We are about to obtain 10,000 hits in just 2 short years. We have been banned from Facebook twice. We sponsor a bowling team. We have made it to Twitter and shortly we may even be selling R2G shirts. You can now Google The Right To Gripe and it actually comes up. We have readers from several states in the United States and are growing. To you I say, HAPPY THANKSGIVING and keep on Griping!

P.S. Let me know what you are thankful for this holiday season.

Comments