When In Doubt, Tax The Hell Out Of Them

The motto of all governments from local to state to federal is "When in doubt, tax the hell out of them". It certainly seems that way doesn't it. Over the past two weeks, word has filtered out of the Slob Mahal (Luzerne County Courthouse) that the new Insane Clown Posse (County Council) will raise our taxes 2% to help pay off $14,000,000 in debt. Basically our local yocals over borrowed and "We The People" will have to foot the bill. I gotta tell you that this really ticks me off! Why should we have to pay for the idiots that kept plunging us deeper and deeper in debt due to fiscal irresponsibility. Why don't they all take a decrease in pay to make up for this mess? I am sick and tired of taking it in the back pocket every time our government needs more money. I can feel the fury building up in my brain as I write this Gripe! I am just plain pissed! For the everyday Joe, this increase will amount to about $10.00 more out of our pockets. It doesn't seem like much, but I am sick and tired of being taxed to hell and back! We have federal tax, state tax, local tax, EMT tax, levy tax, sewer rental tax, sales tax, Johnstown Flood tax, tax on top of tax on top of tax! I can't take it anymore! My wife tells me that I yell out the word tax in the middle of the night. Hell, the right to sleep tax will be next!

Speaking of taxes, the Wyoming Valley West School District intends to apply for an exemption from the state that would allow it to raise property taxes by a greater percentage than the law allows. Since when does the law become expempt? WVW District Finance Manager Joseph Rodriguez said after the school board’s monthly meeting Wednesday that the board applied for an exception to cover $480,000 in retirement funds. WHAT! WHAT! ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME! You want to raise my taxes so the teachers can get retirement checks until they drop dead? Rodriguez said the school district can raise taxes up to 2.4 percent of the current rate without an exemption. This exemption would allow taxes to be raised up to 4.15 percent of the current rate of 13.5 mills. A mill is $1 in tax on every $1,000 of assessed property value. If you remember, the nitwits at WVW raised our taxes by 6% to cover their filthy asses last year. This makes me sick! The teachers are getting paid a ton to dummy up our kids and then get a sweet retirement package once they are finished. All of this at the expense of the taxpayers. This taxpayer is sick and tired of footing the bill!

To sum it up in a nutshell, we are getting duped! We are getting screwed without even any heavy petting! There's not even dinner and drinks! I think my overpaid teacher in grade school taught me something about a little tea party that they had in Boston many moons ago. Maybe it's time to have a party of our own and NOW! I for one am sick and tired of being taxed up the wazoo! It's time we all take a tea bag, write no more taxes on it and send it to our government officials. Maybe then they will start to think about how they are taxing the crap out of us and figure out a way to actually lower our taxes. This can be the first step in a long march against high taxation.

Comments