The U.S. House - Unfathomable Pinheadery


I know I was supposed to write about my weekend in Washington, DC and my participation in the Science March.  However, this past week, the U.S. House of Representatives jammed through a Republican created Healthcare Bill that is being referred to as the AHCA or Trump Care.  I felt that this would take preference over my march since this bill and the way it was handled really made me sick to my stomach.  The passage in the House of the AHCA was hailed as a major victory for the Republican members as well as President Trump who promised his supporters that one of the first things he would do once in office would be to "repeal and replace the disaster that we know as Obama care".  The Trumpster got his wish on May 4th when the Republican majority House led by Speaker of the House Paul "The Pinhead" Ryan virtually rammed this down America's throat.  This victory was so big for the Trumpster and his evil minions that he had all of the Republican "Yea" voters bused over to the White House for a big press conference in the Rose Garden.  Of course, he took credit for something he had very little to nothing to do with as usual.

For the record, I liked some of the parts of Obama care but did not care for others.  I guess most people could say this because certain areas of the plan helped or hurt Americans in different ways.  For example, I liked the part that allows your child to be on your health care plan until they are 26.  I liked it because my youngest son is 21 years old and could not currently afford to pay for health care.  One of the parts I didn't like was the mandatory health care for everyone or you get fined part.  I always have a problem when the federal, state or local governments tell me that I "have" to do something or else.  It's kind of like making the wearing of seat belts mandatory.  By not wearing a seat belt, I am not harming anyone but myself so why do I have to wear one?  By the way, I wear my seat belt every time I get in the car.

As for Trump Care, I have a few problems with it.

1. First off, this plan was put together and passed by the House in less than 2 months.  It makes me wonder if any legitimate thought about the American people was put into it.  Compared to the several months of preparation for Obama care, this was lightening fast.

2. Did you know that the Trump Care bill was actually submitted to the House as a budget reconciliation bill as part of the 2017 Federal Budget process?  It was presented this way because rules will not allow for any filibusters and that it can be passed through the Senate with a simple majority vote.  It would repeal the parts of the Affordable Care Act within the scope of the federal budget, including provisions contained within the Internal Revenue Code such as the individual and employer mandates and various taxes, and also allow modifications to the federal Medicaid program.  This seems somewhat underhanded, however it is within the rules.

3. The MacArthur amendment which was added to the plan to lure and reel in doubting Republicans allows insurers to charge enrollees in their 50s and early 60s more than younger enrollees.  I am 58 years old and have two words for this.  FUCK YOU!  It also allows states to waive essential health benefits and certain sections of the community rating program. The revised version of Trump Care weakens protections for insurance consumers with preexisting conditions while allowing insurers to charge people significantly more if they had a pre-existing condition.  This is a kick in the ass to many of our Senior citizens who struggle with major infliction's.

4. I have a real problem with a health care bill that effects the American people being created and passed by a bunch of rich men and women in Washington who have the best health care that the tax payers money can buy.  These ass clowns health care will not be effected in any way by this bill.  Maybe if it was, they would take their time to come up with a better bill or maybe entertain the thought of our federal government getting out of the health care business all together.

5. Finally, I really have a problem with a bill like this being passed without first being reviewed and approved by The Office of Management & Budget.  The OMB dissects and analyzes all budget type bills to access their financial stability.  In other words, they make sure that a bill makes sense financially.  Our members of the House rammed this bill through without getting a true view of how it will effect the federal budget as well as the pocketbooks of the American public.

The Bottom Line here is the Republican majority House rammed a new health care bill down America's throat without regard for "We the People".  They were more interested in pounding their proverbial chests to say that they got rid of Obama care.  This actually makes me sick!  I threw up 4 times when I heard this passed.  Instead of taking their time to create a plan that benefits most to all Americans, they jammed through a bill so they could finally get a victory.  It's wrong and it's time to get these unfathomable pinheads out of Washington. 
  

Comments