Covid-19 - The Real Truth (Part 2 The Vaccine)


It has been some time since I have written here on The Right To Gripe.  There has been so much going on in my life with some health issues, my family, my work and of course Covid-19 or what I call the Big-19.  A few days ago I decided to bring this Blog back and to dedicate some time to it every week.  I also decided to revamp the look of the R2G and to cut back on a few side bar features.  Don't worry, I did not cut Mr. Pissed Off or the Schmuck of the Week.  There are plenty of idiots out there to make the weekly schmuck.  So peaking of idiots, I will restart the new look The Right to Gripe by writing about Covid-19 and the vaccines that are available and may become available in the near future.

Over the past several weeks, I have read about and heard about people that do not and will not get the Covid-19 vaccine.  I have also spoken to people that I know who refuse to get the vaccine based on reasons that baffle the hell out of me.  Back in November, there was a Harris Poll regarding this matter which resulted in 40% of the people polled saying that they would not get the Covid-19 vaccine.  This survey polled 1,954 adults which in my mind is really not a lot.  


In December, National Geographic along with Morning Consult polled 2,201 Americans and 37% claimed that they would not get vaccinated.  An interesting note, 69% of the men who responded said they would get the vaccine while 49% of women stated they would not.  I would have guessed this to be the other way around.  

If you take the total population in the United States which is 331,912,730 and calculate the actual number of people who will not get the vaccine it comes out to 132,765,092 who will propagate the spread of Covid-19.  Not getting the vaccine is something I cannot comprehend in my brain.  As of  12/20/20, 17.7 million Americans have been infected with Covid-19 and 317,000 have died or 1.8%.  We have a deadly virus which was released on the world via China, but people in America are either skeptical, afraid or just plain stupid.

When I hear the excuses from people as to why they will not get vaccinated I hear things like the following (which I will easily Debunk)

1. I don't know what's in it?  (Do you really know what is in the yearly flu vaccine that people get every year?  No, you just get it!  BTW, if you go to https://www.prevention.com you can find out what is in both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  Open your eyes and your mind.

2. It was made and produced too quickly.  (It took the U.S. only 6 months to develop, create and approve the Swine Flu vaccine per the website cell.com. so this logic is not valid)

3. I already had Covid-19.  (Statistics show that you CAN GET Covid-19 a second time.  However, the University of Maryland Medical System wrote that there is no conclusive evidence that points to how long immunity lasts).

4. I don't know what the long term side effects might be.  ( This may be somewhat true, however the benefit of the vaccine for a single person or the total population outweighs the actual risk of getting Covid-19 and it's long term side effects).

The Bottom Line here is everyone should get vaccinated, PERIOD.  I am going to get it as soon as I am deemed eligible.  You should also wear a mask and social distance whenever you can.  If you don't care about yourself, please care about your fellow human beings.  This is no joke, it's real and it's serious.  Thousands are dying every day in the United States so pony up and DO IT! 

     

Comments