GRIPE SHOTS

 

A lot has been going on over the past week or so, some good, some bad and some that just tick me off.  After careful consideration, I was not able to pick just one topic to write about this week.  As you may know, when I have more than one topic I want to Gripe about, I belly up to the bar and I have the bartender line up the shot glassed to pour me a few Gripe Shots.

To start off with my first Gripe Shot, I have to say that I am sick and tired of Covid-19.  I'm tired of being cooped up in the house, tired of the masks and tired of tip toeing around.  However, one of the things I miss the most is going out to the local tavern to sit with a few friends to drink a few beers and have some laughs.  I know the time for this will be coming soon but I'm hanging on by a thread.  Yes, I wear a mask when I go out, I keep my social distance and I got my first vaccine shot.  It's been almost one year since we locked down due to the Big-19 and I for one am sick of it.  I do feel that we are in the home stretch, so I will stay strong and I hope you do too.

My second Gripe Shot is a follow-up to last weeks R2G when I wrote about the confusion that I had with Mitch McConnell and his vote during the 2nd Trump Impeachment Trial.  Moron Mitch voted to not convict based on it being unconstitutional to impeach a President who was not in office.  He then went on the Senate floor and verbally stated that Trump was 100% morally responsible for the siege on the Capitol and that the private sector should take legal measures against him.  This week, McConnell was asked by a reporter that if Trump was the 2024 Republican nominee for President would he support him?  His answer was yes, I would fully support him.  WHAT!  WHAT!  ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?  Just a week ago you said that he was totally responsible for the Capitol siege and now you would support him!  What the hell is wrong with this clown?

Finally, Frank Sinatra once said, “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”  This rings so true for me right now because I was just diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.  I normally don't write about myself on this blog, but I felt it necessary to do so today.  Luckily for me, the cancer was caught early and with some surgery I will totally recover.  I hope to not miss a week of posting here on The Right To Gripe but that will all depend on my recovery time.  I do know that I have a great support system with my wife, sons and daughters and friends to help me to get through.  In case you don't know, I am the co-founder along with cancer survivor Robert Washney of a charity called Castin' For A Cure which benefits cancer and cancer research.  This years event will mean more than ever to me since I hope to be a 2 time cancer survivor.  Please check out our Facebook page @castinforacure for updates on this years event.  I hope you will make a donation to our worthwhile cause when the time comes.  To end, I will leave you with this,    

“Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.”Celine Dion


Comments