I had to do it! I had to create a blog so you and I could gripe about all of "The Crap" that we encounter everyday in our lives. Believe me, there is plenty! You can now come to this blog to Gripe because you have the right to do so. Over time, we will Gripe about topics ranging from sports to politics to just about all of the garbage that happens around us. When you Gripe, you can add your name or not. It's your right! You can vent any way you want. Use foul language if you are angry enough to and if you are offended, just Gripe It! Hell, we have been banned from Facebook twice! You can Gripe about people, places and things. The only thing I ask is if you are going to Gripe about someone and you use their name, make sure you have the facts straight. Otherwise they will sue your and my ass off! It's your RIGHT TO GRIPE! You can respond to one of our Gripes or you can lay down your own Gripe. It's easy. To post your own Gripe just email it to email@example.com and we will get it on. You can also become an official "Griper". All you need to do is "Sign Up" and create an account. IT'S FREE! So, don't sit back and take it, just GRIPE IT!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Happy Birthday - The Right To Gripe Turns 1 Year Old
We made it. One year and going strong. Before I get into the birthday Gripe, let me thank all of our followers for their Gripes and comments on all of the Griping we did throughout 2010. Over the year, we bashed the county, taxes, drivers, and just about everything else you can complain about. I'm sure the next 365 days will bring lots of reasons to Gripe. In fact our proudest moment came when we were banned from Facebook for a short time due to our Gripe on the Mosque situation by Ground Zero in New York. We have also had people block the Gripe from coming their way. I guess we were just too much for them to handle. We had over 1400 hits over the past year including Gripe comments from 3 other states. Over the past year we added The Sports Gripe that dealt just with sports. Yes, I promise to Gripe more about sports this year. As I liked to do over the past year, in celebration of our 1st Birthday, here are 5 Gripe Shots to warm the cockles of your heart.
1. A big thumbs down to Forty Fort Borough Council for proposing a 120% tax increase for 2011. Now I am very familiar with this Council since I sat on it for 4 grueling years. Every year, we talked about raising taxes and fixing roads but did not do so. Now, council realizes that many of our roads just plain suck and "We The People" should be strapped with the bill during hard financial times. To me, this sounds like a Dave Williams plan. Sock it to the people.
2. Another big thumbs down to Forty Fort Borough for not having enough testicular fortitude to go ahead with the 120% tax increase. They buckled under the pressure of the 50 to 60 people who actually showed up to bitch. If your going to do it, just do it! They collapsed during the negotiations of the police contract (what a joke that was), they buckled like a house of cards when that crook Rob Mericle threatened to sue because of the new parking plan on Welles St and now they back off like a scared rabbit. Mind you I am not for whacking the people, but our roads suck and our sewer system is old. Like Nike says, Just Do It!
3. I saw a story this morning on Good Morning America about how people in New York were stranded due to the 1 foot plus of snow that Mother Nature dumped their way. The story went on to talk about people stuck in the subway. WHAT! How in the hell do you get stuck in the subway! It's freakin underground! The people they interviewed that were stuck in their cars made it sound like they were trapped on Mt. Everest. They whined that it was cold, they were hungry and they had to go to the bathroom. Shit, bundle up, eat your children and pee on the roadside. Doesn't everyone have an emergency blanket in the car, crumbs on the floor and an old coffee cup in the cup holder. I could live in my car for a month or more.
4. A resounding FU goes out to all of these terrorist bastards. I am sick and tired of their crap. Nine nimrods were just apprehended in London for plotting to bomb the U.S. Embassy and the London Stock Exchange. London police believe that political and religious figures may also have been targeted. When these slobs start targeting religious figures then "We The People" need to take things into our own hands. Let's start stringing these sons of bitches up by their sacks. I'm really starting to get pissed off with this. If it's a Holy War they want, it's a Holy War they will get.
5. Finally, now that I am drunk from doing Gripe Shots, a big swift kick to the nuts goes out to Turkey Hill. Yes, they were open on Christmas Day. Nothing should be open on Christmas Day. My heart goes out to the poor bastards that have to work. There is no reason to be open. Gas up, bread up, coffee up and get everything else you need a day or two before. Right now I am calling for a Christmas Day ban of Turkey Hill next year.
There you have it, 5 Gripe Shots in celebration of The Right To Gripes 1st Birthday. Coming up, I will be throwing up my wishes for 2011 on The Gripe as well as my sports wishes on The Sports Gripe. Stay tuned. Also, I have been thinking of adding "The Schmuck Of The Week" to The Gripe. What do you think. Let me know. Add a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was driving past the Hotel Sterling this past week and noticed that someone paved the part of River Street right next to the hotel. This new black top is right where they have it blocked off to traffic. ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! They pave the part of the road where no one can go! They need to pave W. Market St right by the Guard building. I hit that pot hole the other day and lost a nut.
CHECK THIS OUT!
Please make sure you click on The R2G ads below. Heck, I might be able to make a few cents on it.
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?
Every week we will post a poll question with a few answers to choose from. We want to know what the hell you think!
What feature do you like best on The Right To Gripe
Schmuck Of The Week Award
This one is a no brainer. Ariel Castro may actually be the schmuck of the century. If you don't know what he did then you should take the bridge.
WTF! I thought it was a hot blonde chick. NOT!
BECOME AN OFFICIAL GRIPER
These Blogs Have Links To The Right To Gripe. Please Show Them Some Love By Checking Them Out.