I had to do it! I had to create a blog so you and I could gripe about all of "The Crap" that we encounter everyday in our lives. Believe me, there is plenty! You can now come to this blog to Gripe because you have the right to do so. Over time, we will Gripe about topics ranging from sports to politics to just about all of the garbage that happens around us. When you Gripe, you can add your name or not. It's your right! You can vent any way you want. Use foul language if you are angry enough to and if you are offended, just Gripe It! Hell, we have been banned from Facebook twice! You can Gripe about people, places and things. The only thing I ask is if you are going to Gripe about someone and you use their name, make sure you have the facts straight or say it's your opinion. Otherwise they will sue your and my ass off! It's your RIGHT TO GRIPE! You can respond to one of our Gripes or you can lay down your own Gripe. It's easy. To post your own Gripe just email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it on. You can also post a Gripe on our Facebook page. Just search The Right To Gripe. If you don't want to write it down, just click on one of the boxes below each Gripe to give your opinion. You can also become an official "Griper". All you need to do is "Sign Up" and create an account. IT'S FREE! So, don't sit back and take it, just GRIPE IT!
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Merry Christmas - My 10 Gripes Of Christmas
After two years and three Christmas seasons, the R2G is stronger and better than ever. On this Christmas Day, I sit here to reflect back on this holiday season and am thankful for many things. However, there have been a few things that have stuck in my craw over this holiday which have really ticked me off. Of course, I have decided to compile them to come up with my 10 Gripes Of Christmas. 10. Happy Holidays: I am sick and tired of being politically correct! As far as I am concerned it is Merry Christmas and NOT Happy Holidays! If you are Jewish, then Happy Hanukkah and so on and so forth. Lets not lump it all into one big retail raping of the public.
9. Shopping Brawls: Throughout this Christmas season, we have seen numerous store brawls on the news. These morons that fight over certain retail items have done so from coast to coast. More arrests were made this year than ever over retail may-lays. Common people, this is the season to be jolly, not the season to land a right cross.
8. Lexus Commercials: I know I have Griped about this before, but I just can't take it anymore. Every other commercial on the idiot box is people getting a Lexus for Christmas. ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! Do you know anyone who got a Lexus. I know I didn't! If you do, I want to know who it is. Cut us a break and quit insulting our intelligence.
7. Commercials: Speaking of Christmas commercials, I know I was stunned when I saw my first one the day after Halloween. Every year it gets earlier and earlier. By the time Christmas Day comes you have had enough. You just want to crawl under a rock and pray for it to be over. Don't get me wrong here, I love Christmas. However, it is being kicked right in the jingle bells by the retail sector. Its time we all put a stop to this before Christmas is ruined.
6. Christmas Songs: First off, a big R2G 2 thumbs up goes to Magic 93 for playing Christmas Songs over the past few weeks. No other lame channel on the FM dial did so. The only Gripe I have is that Christmas Night at 6pm, the Christmas Songs will end. Whatever happened to playing them right through until New Years Day. I guess the retail world has sent down the edict that it is over at 6pm on Christmas Day.
5. The Yule Log: What ever happened to the Yule Log on TV? I remember sitting down after putting all the gifts under the tree, sipping a glass of wine and watching the Yule Log. I could not find it anywhere this year. I have Direct TV and it appeared to be absent. Now mind you, I did not go through all 857 channels of nothing that I get.
4. No Snow: When was the last time we had a white Christmas? Now I am talking a plow-able snow that makes the town like a Christmas card. I'll tell you. The last major snow that we had for Christmas was in 1969. Three days before Christmas, the Freeze Miser dropped 12.2 inches of snow on the Greater Wilkes-Barre Area. Whatever happened to some snow on Christmas. Can you say GLOBAL WARMING?
3. X-Mas: I can tell you I just don't like it! It's Christmas, not X-Mas. This is the lazy ass way for spelling out the greatest holiday known to mankind. Us Americans have become lazy sons of bitches who want to get as little done in as quick a time as we can. It's CHRISTMAS!
2. Christmas Spirit: It seems that there is less and less every year. Hell, where I work our main office building didn't even have a Christmas Tree. That is pathetic! The company gave their employees squat for Christmas. I know times are tight, but common! Throw something our way. We used to have a Christmas party, but that went by the way of the South Pole last year. Merry Freakin' Christmas you bastards!
1. Justin Bieber: What does he have to do with Christmas? Let me tell you. I actually heard a classic Christmas song butchered by "The Bieb" on the radio. It may have been the worst rendition of a Christmas song I have ever heard. "The Bieb" should be forbidden by law to sing Christmas songs.
There you have it, my 10 Gripes Of Christmas. I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year....Keep On Griping!
I am sick and tired of these DUI Checkpoints. I see that the PA State Police just got done with what they called Operation Nighthawk. Yea, they even give them names. I always thought that this was entrapment. Now, I'm not saying that you should get all mangled up and then get behind the wheel, that's what cabs and Uber's are for. What I don't like is you have two or three beers and you are cuffed and treated worse than a murderer. Hell, anymore if you open a beer and take a smell of it you are considered over the limit. Let's stop the bull shit and concentrate on the drug dealers who are flowing into our area to sell their crap. Lay off the poor guy or gal that goes for a few drinks with their friends and is totally capable of operating a vehice.
CHECK THIS OUT!
Please make sure you click on The R2G ads below. Heck, I might be able to make a few cents on it.
Schmuck Of The Week Award
This week's award goes to this road crew for their placement of detour signs. Which way is the detour? Thanks to Bob W. for submitting this picture.
The police line-up for the ass crack murderer.
BECOME AN OFFICIAL GRIPER
These Blogs Have Links To The Right To Gripe. Please Show Them Some Love By Checking Them Out.