The Sandusky Trial

The prosecution is about to rest in the trial of former Penn State coach Jerry "The Sandman" Sandusky".  Some of you have probably wondered why I have not posted here on the R2G sooner concerning my thoughts on this trial.  The fact is, I have been keeping my fingers on the pulse of this thing and it's heart beat is at full throttle.  I have stayed away from Griping about this trial only because of how hideous the testimony has been over the last week or so by the kids, now men that "The Sandman" bellied up to in the showers at State College.  After reading these stories from the alleged victims, I can only think that the old statement is true when you say, "If you drop the soap in the shower, don't bend over to pick it up".  These pearls of wisdom stand true if "The Sandman" is in the shower.

In case you have been marooned on Pluto for the past 4 days, and by the way I still think Pluto got a bad rap from our scientists, nine of the victims who claim "The Sandman" sexually assaulted them took the stand to give their horrid stories of rape, molestation and sexual misconduct by the former coach.  The testimony has been graphic as well as disturbing.  Accuser #8 testified yesterday that the abuse began with fondling and forced oral sex and led to several instances of rape in the basement of Sandusky’s Centre County home, where he spent more than 100 nights and where his muffled screams went unanswered by Sandusky’s wife, Dottie, who was upstairs. He said he figured the basement must be soundproof.  “He got real aggressive and just forced me into it,” said the young man, now 18 and a recent high school graduate. “And I just went with it — there was no fighting against it.”  He said under cross-examination by Sandusky lawyer Joe Amendola that the attacks sometimes left him bleeding but that he never sought medical attention.  “I just dealt with it,” he said.

This type of testimony goes on and on and on for 4 long days.  It was so disturbing that Judge John  Cleland told the jurors that there would be no court on Friday and they were to return on Monday.  Frankly, As I write this Gripe I am getting sick to my stomach.  If this man, a man of former prominence in the Penn State world, the college football world, actually committed these acts he is being accused of, I say string him up by the penis and let the squirrels nibble his nuts off.  What he is accused of ranks in the top 50 of all time crimes against humanity as far as I'm concerned.  By the way, where the hell has the NCAA been in all of this?  Christ, if a player sells a Big 10 pin or trades some stuff for tattoo's, he gets suspended for 5 games and the school gets sanctioned.  It appears that the NCAA is turning a blind eye to the Penn State football program or are they just waiting for this trial to be over.  My guess is these yellow-bellied, no good pond scum sucking cowards will levy no punishment on the Jitney Lions program for what has happened. 

On Monday, the defense team will take center stage in this play of perversion.  I can't wait to see what kind of defense they throw against the wall on this one.  I also wonder if we will see an appearance by "The Sandman" himself on the stand?  We can only wait and see.  I will keep you all posted as the trial progresses.

Starting on Tuesday, day by day Gripes on "The Sandusky Trial.




 

Comments